Senior Food Microbiologist
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Days |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: # 7982
Essential Job Functions
1. Perform routine and non-routine lab analyses.
2. Provide results to the customer in a timely manner.
3. Maintain lab QC and check sample programs.
4. Maintain calibration of equipment. Troubleshoot and facilitate instrument repair.
5. Implement lab safety program and personnel training.
6. Manage lab manuals (Lab Safety, QA Manual, Lab Procedures, Russian Export).
7. Initiate lab procedures in response to manufacturing and live production technical requests for problem solving.
8. Research and evaluate new procedures and equipment.
9. Provide technical training to technicians.
10. Provide internal customer support related to proper sample collection & required supplies.
11. Indirect Supervision of food microbiology lab technicians providing direction and training as needed.
12. Maintain US Egg & Poultry split sample program.
1. Bachelor’s degree in microbiology.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years laboratory experience, preferably within the food industry.
3. Knowledge of USDA and /or FDA microbiological procedures.
4. Good communication and organization skills.
5. Experience with computers and proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel. Ability to use computerized automatic detection equipment.
6. Experience in adapting new microbiological technologies to applications in the food industry.
7. Supervisory experience.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings