Packaging Department Supervisor
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Nights |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: # 9028
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for ensuring that Packaging department meets company goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost, and safety. Supervises the packaging of poultry products from whole body to skinless, boneless meat.
2. Responsible for the professional development and training of Line Supervisors and Hourly Employees (working within the guidelines of the union contract and company policies); conduct Line Supervisors and Clerical performance evaluations.
3. Responsible for timely feedback to superintendent regarding problems encountered involving productivity, down-time, quality, yield, cost, and safety and to provide solutions to these problems.
4. Monitor standards and indices required for control/tracking of different employee areas of responsibility. Attend all weekly meetings related to these indices.
5. Ensure that safety orientations and safety meetings are held as required to keep frequency and severity of accidents/injuries to a minimum.
6. To develop and implement any necessary safety programs to aid in reducing safety incidents.
7. Participate (at departmental meetings) in the planning process; and the testing/development of work-related techniques/processes.
1. Possess B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work force experience (five (5) to ten (10) years) in the food processing industry.
2. Demonstrate ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
3. Exhibit good interpersonal and leadership skills.
4. Have strong mathematical background (required to perform calculations on yield, productivity, time cards, reports, etc.).
5. Able to evaluate forepersons fairly and objectively.
6. Able to work well independently; exhibit strong internal drive to succeed.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings