Health Services Nurse Supervisor
Location: Turlock, CA |
Shift: Days |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: # 5874
Essential Job Functions
1. Apply nursing process to assess injured workers, provide a nursing diagnosis, develop & implement a treatment plan and evaluate effectiveness of treatment.
2. Institute case management plan immediately upon date of knowledge of injury.
3. Provide hands-on clinical treatment to include follow-up care and modified duty when indicated. Refer to physician as needed and continue in-house follow-up.
4. Communicate treatment plan to injured worker's supervisor and indicate restricted duty if applicable.
5. Participate in investigation process to determine mechanism of injury and implement prevention strategies.
6. Communicate daily with Worker's Compensation team to report new injuries/claims and continue to case manage current claims. Frequent communication with medical providers to obtain status reports, prognosis, and treatment plan.
7. Communicate with out-of-network medical providers to inform them of Foster Farms modified duty policy, to coordinate a rapid return to work for injured workers.
8. Direct communication with injured workers to determine their satisfaction with medical providers and process request for second opinion and/or change of treating physicians within the network.
9. CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens training for supervisors.
10. Ergonomics training for supervisors and workers. Conduct regularly scheduled ergonomic walk-through assessments of plants to target high incident areas and collaborate with
11. Safety & Management Teams to implement corrective actions.
12. One on One ergonomic training with injured workers to include instruction on stretching and work conditioning.
13. Monitor EMT's to ensure their treatment of injured workers is within scope of practice and in accordance with Health Services policies and procedures.
14. Provide consultation for cases that are beyond EMT's scope of practice.
1. Licensed Registered Nurse.
2. Certification as Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist
4. CPR certification and instructor certification and AED certification.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings