Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Days |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: # 6098
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide new hire benefit orientations at all locations. Provide Employee Relations/customer service at all company locations
2. Provide participant education on use of their selected health plans. Handle written, telephone and in-person inquiries regarding eligibility, claim status and benefit coverage from employees, HR, and TPA. This includes decisions and instruction to TPA.
3. Coordinate/Assist with annual and special open enrollment processes.
4. Claim research on the TPA web site, determine if processed correctly. If incorrect notify TPA or Benefit Supervisor.
5. Eligibility determination and enrollment of employees to Benefit system
6. Research accuracy and completeness of forms and validity of documentation such as birth and marriage certificates, court orders, etc.
7. Setup and maintenance of benefit records and related information.
8. Responsible for terminating and reinstating on benefit system those union plan participants whose plan participation hinges on number of hours worked. (audit performed weekly).
9. Handle all Court orders and District Attorney orders-coverage requirements & make determination of applicability.
10. Handle FSA administration including report audits. Perform administration of Life, LTD & voluntary plans. Includes enrollment, claims, premium payment, reconciliation to vendor reports, etc.
11. Perform Benefit Contribution reconciliation and provide results to Supervisor. Responsible for administration & reconciliation of Pcard department purchases
12. Handle reconciliation of FF to DHS benefit (eligibility and financial) reports and provide results of audit to Department Supervisor.
13. Responsible for periodic audits of vendor eligibility listings to DHS or FF listings to ensure accurate enrollment.
1. Five years prior experience in Customer Service: experience in medical CS preferred.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
3. Basic medical and dental terminology, practices and codes.
4. Familiar with various state/federal regulations relating to benefits (COBRA, HIPAA, etc.)
5. Strong organizational, prioritization, and communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently and make decisions.
7. Computer skills in Word, Excel, & Outlook, Lawson and PowerPoint.
8. Able to travel locally and at times out-of-area.
9. Able to work flexible hours when necessary and have reliable transportation.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings