Mock Chicken Cordon Bleu
This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe uses a mixture of breadcrumbs and eggs to create a crunchy topping that is then smothered with ham and cheese.
1 Foster Farms Whole Cut-up Chicken
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup ham or bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Spray a rectangular baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix egg white, mustard, water, and pepper.
3. Place breadcrumbs in a heavy plastic bag or large bowl.
4. One piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture then coat with breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
5. Arrange chicken in pan. Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink when cut into.
6. Sprinkle with ham and cheese. Heat 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.