Crock Pot Chicken Fricassee
1 package Foster Farms Chicken Breast Halves (cut in half and skin removed)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 Bay leaf
1/2 cup whole milk
1 10 oz package frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan sauté minced garlic in butter, add flour and cook on medium heat stirring until smooth.
2. Pour in broth, wine, the thyme and tarragon, and stir until thickened.
3. In your crock pot or slow cooker, layer the onions, carrots, celery and chicken; pour sauce over all and add bay leaf.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 5 hours.
5. If cooking on low, change to high at the 6 to 7 hour mark and stir in milk and peas. Cover and continue cooking on high another 15 minutes or until peas are heated through.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings and remove bay leaf before serving.