Location: Fresno, CA |
Shift: Days |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 23511
Essential Job Functions
1. Communicate daily with Workers’ Compensation team to report new injuries, claims and continue to case manage current claims.
2. Frequent communication with medical providers to obtain status reports, prognosis, and treatment plan. Communicate with out-of-network medical providers to inform them of Foster Farms modified duty policy, to coordinate a rapid return-to-work for injured workers.
3. Direct communication with injured workers to determine their satisfaction with medical providers and process request for second opinion and or change of treating physicians within the network.
4. Apply nursing process to assess injured workers, provide a nursing diagnosis, develop & implement a treatment plan and evaluate effectiveness of treatment. Institute case management plan immediately upon date of knowledge of injury.
5. Provide hands-on clinical treatment to include follow-up care & modified duty when indicated. Refer to physician as needed & continue in-house follow-up. Communicate treatment plan to injured worker’s supervisor and indicate restricted duty if applicable.
6. Participate in investigation process to determine mechanism of injury and implement prevention strategies.
7. Monitor Emergency Medical Technicians to ensure their treatment of injured workers is within scope of practice and in accordance with Health Services policies and procedures.
8. Provide consultation for cases that are beyond Emergency Medical Technicians’ scope of practice. Select personnel, manage performance, and discipline staff accordingly.
9. Mentor Emergency Medical Technicians to assess personal competencies, values and goals, and to identify, plan, and implement personal development actions.
10. CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens training for supervisors. Ergonomics training for supervisors and workers. Conduct regularly scheduled ergonomic walk-through assessments of plants to target high incident areas and collaborate with Safety & Management Teams to implement corrective actions.
11. One on one ergonomic training with injured workers to include instruction on stretching & work conditioning.
12. Maintain health information in PCC data base.
13. External vendor selection.
14. Participate in accident investigations.
1. Licensed Registered Nurse Required.
2. Certification as Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist preferred and B.S.N. preferred.
3. CPR certification and instructor certification and have AED certification.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings