Location: Delhi, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 24364
Essential Job Functions
1. Management of two Project Managers and two Project Designers in developing project scopes, estimates, equipment and facility designs, and schedules to facilitate management decisions and the implementation of capital projects. This includes developing/directing designs leading to construction/permit drawings for capital projects. Insuring that project costs are managed within span of control to approved capital.
2. Direct Project Managers and Designers in completing the projects, designs and/or studies within the time frame agreed to with the end user, deals with projects up to $20 million.
3. Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials conferring with equipment vendors soliciting observations from operators.
4. Direct staff in developing manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies by studying product requirements, analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods to seek reduction of existing production costs.
5. Direct project managers in creating project scope, project budgets and scheduling of projects to maintain adherence to each.
6. Assist project designers in design and accuracy allocating appropriate personnel resources to insure project efficiency and quality.
7. Provide direction on projects to insure that safety is an integral part of the design and implementation of projects. Conduct safety meetings for the department and insure that pre-construction safety meeting are held with contractors and that the contractors are informed that safety is a condition of the contract.
8. Assist the manufacturing project managers and project designers in developing skills necessary for effective project management.
1. A degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with a broad amount of technical knowledge in those areas.
2. Ten to fifteen years experience in a plant engineering or central engineering department, food processing background preferred.
3. Computer literate including MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD 14.
4. Minimum five years management experience preferred with demonstrated ability to evaluate and conduct performance reviews for subordinates fairly and objectively and suggest areas for improvement.
5. Experience in departmental administration, budget initiation, cost control and project management.
6. Developed knowledge of UBC, APCD, NEC, Fire codes, OSHA and USDA requirements
7. Must have good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
8. Regular and consistent attendance is required.
9. Valid CA driver’s license with clean DMV required and must be able to travel overnight and by plane.
10. Ability to work in a food processing type of environment, to include being able to work in restricted space areas and be able to inspect and evaluate equipment and space at low and high levels, this may include climbing ladders, stooping, bending, crouching and crawling, this may also include walking and standing for extended periods of time (may be with or without reasonable accommodations).
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings