IT SAP FI/CO Lead
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 25849
Essential Job Functions
1. Project Analysis, System Design and Project Management.
2. Define business problems and opportunities, gathering and documentation of requirements, analysis and organization of information to support formation of projects, analysis of technology and infrastructure alternatives and implications.
3. Translation of a conceptual alternative into a descriptive model, specification, data flow diagram or other relevant method that defines the system components which must be delivered, and the method for delivering them. Includes functional design, technical design and design validation.
4. This position will be responsible for project management of small to mid size projects and oversight of the project activities of other application support specialists and associate functional analysts.
5. Direct the planning, execution and support of the assigned projects, including project initiation, control of projects during execution and project completion/closure. Insure project plans are in accordance with overall business objectives. Prepare and maintain detailed and summary level project plans. Prepare periodic management status reports and lead status reporting meetings. Collect and monitor data portraying the status of deliverables related to key milestones. Identify and acquire the staff with the skills required for successful execution of projects. Enforce the disciplined use of Foster Farms methodology in the planning and management of all assigned projects.
6. SAP Support and will provide primary end user support for the SAP- Financial Accounting and Controlling (FI / CO) modules. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of end user problems as well as performing routine system maintenance checks and corrective actions such as maintaining, adjusting, and manipulating interfaces to SAP where applicable.
7. Will contribute to ongoing system improvement efforts. This includes collecting requirements from business users, researching available solutions, developing and documenting conceptual design alternatives, communicating effectively conceptual designs, writing technical specifications and coordinating development work with ABAP development staff, building and configuring prototypes and prototype documentation, communicating to and educating business users, conducting unit testing, conducting and coordinating integration and user acceptance testing, working with security team to ensure appropriate system authorization, migrating to production, preparing comprehensive and thorough design and training documentation, training subject matter experts, providing post-implementation support efforts interacting regularly with end users, engaging in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues, and providing continuous improvements to all aspects of design and processes.
8. Technical Team Leadership and will provide technical assistance, guidance, and QA monitoring to other application support specialists and associate functional analysts. Provides technical leadership and guidance to team management.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred. Accounting and financial experience or course completion is a plus.
2. Finance and Accounting knowledge – Understands the business functions of Finance and Accounting including: General Ledger, Fixed Asset, Costing, Financial Analysis, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Capital Projects and Forecasting and Budgeting.
3. Must be capable of working to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
4. Must be highly goal and results oriented and be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems with minimal supervision.
5. Extensive experience with all software development lifecycle phases and activities and extensive experience learning and documenting complex business processes.
6. Demonstrated project management experience for mid-sized projects and must be effective teacher/mentor to educate other team members in SAP capabilities and best practices.
7. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and be capable of envisioning creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, users, and team members, both written and verbal.
9. Excellent technical skills (e.g. SAP, MS Office suite, MS Project, etc.)
10. At least 10 years total information technology experience, 7 years of which are related to the SAP system, and at least 4 years of which are related to FI / CO modules
11. Must possess specific and in-depth skills, knowledge, and experience with multiple facets of the SAP R/3 FI module components, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Banks, and Treasury. SAP R/3 CO module components including Cost Centers, Internal Orders, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, and Profit Centers
12. Must possess basic familiarity with the ABAP programming language and various customizing techniques.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings