IT DBA/SAP Basis Administrator
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 26269
Essential Job Functions
1. Database Administration/Basis including: Systems design and architecture for both ad-hoc and project initiatives.
2. Install, configure and maintain core infrastructure of SAP landscapes.
3. Maintain database integrity, ensure valid backups and restore procedures.
4. Systems administration, monitoring, performance tuning and systems documentation.
5. Research database trends and evaluate those with the potential to benefit Foster Farms.
6. Train database/basis administrators and IT staff on the architecture.
7. Analyze and recommend tool sets and oversee business partners.
8. Project Management of complex initiatives.
1. BS in Computer/Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
2. Ten years of industry experience and minimum of eight years experience supporting SAP system landscape in UNIX environment and experience with full SAP implementation life cycle
3. Minimum of 8 years experience in a programming environment (specifically scripting)
4. 10 years of progressive responsibility supporting Database technology, Preferably with Oracle and/or SQL server relational databases
5. Minimum of 6 years experience in IT infrastructure support and minimum of 8 years experience with systems analysis, design and implementation programming, preferably in UNIX/Windows (AIX, Windows Sever)
6. Ability to trouble-shoot and train less experience database/basis administrators in Database installation, configuration, testing, trouble shooting and repair
7. System Engineering - Design Principles, Database design, implementation and support and installation, configuration and maintenance of core infrastructure supporting SAP ERP and associated applications
8. Tunes system performance using predictive controls and system logs to identify configuration and capacity improvement opportunities across application, database and applies functional support areas
9. Documents system landscape maintenance process and procedure changes, business perspective, make recommendations regarding IT solution supporting business objectives
10. Ability to provide 24 x 7 support, have excellent communication skills, strong service orientation with a desire to help others
11. Experience working with consultants, contract programmers and software vendors
12. Oversees external consultants, contractors and software vendors
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings