Fertilizer Plant Manager
Location: Burrel, CA |
Shift: Days |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 26874
Essential Job Functions
1. Manage the Fertilizer Plant to insure the following: Safe, efficient, and economical transloading/storage and production of fertilize and comply with Department, Division, and corporate policies and procedures.
2. Compliance with company and government health and safety regulations, manage daily production schedule and manage plant maintenance program including PMs and work schedules.
3. Ensure plant is ready for customer inspection at all times and insure adequate staffing levels to meet current and long range production demands.
4. Insure plant equipment is adequate to meet current and long term demands this includes replacement plans and modifications to the plant. Plan, request, and implement Capital Projects as needed for current and long-term demands.
5. Maintain adequate inventory of raw material for the facility.
6. Manage facility food safety and HACCP plan insure all products are produced within parameters of the HACCP program.
7. Verify daily production and shipment records to ensure that CCPs are complied with and properly documented and be member of the fertilizer HACCP team.
8. Ensure all plant employees are trained on plant HACCP plan and accompanying Sops. Ensure all records are in place for potential product recalls. Manage accounting, purchasing, and organic production documentation functions of the plant.
9. Approve purchases and issue purchase orders, conduct period end inventory, ensure inventory adjustments are made in a timely manner during the period for recall purposes and be field buyer for facility.
10. Verify production transactions are correct and timely, ensure production variances are properly documented for organic production, work with purchasing agents to ensure MRP parameters and up to date and utilized. Manage EHS compliance including:
11. Assist Environmental Manager oversee plant safety meetings and audits. E.P.A. Compliance on audits, nutrient management practices, groundwater and storm water issues and compliance with all hazardous material use, training, storage, and disposal issues.
12. Compliance of Air board requirements in regards to particulate emissions on dust control measures for the Fertilizer Plant, roadways, and storage yard. This includes responsibility for monitoring, maintenance to systems, record keeping, and training.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
1. BS/BA is Business Management or related field.
2. Basic knowledge of bacteriology and chemistry is important.
3. Five years experience in a production environment and five years supervisory experience.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
5. Knowledge of farming, fertilizer/nutrient management, and fertilizer / feed and grain handling equipment.
6. Food Safety/HACCP experience.
7. Organic product and production experience.
8. Ability to forecast and respond to variables, including: production fluctuations of the fertilizer plant and sales demand.
9. Ability to respond and thrive in a frequently changing and fast paced work environment.
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office. SAP experience helpful.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings