IT Business Systems Manager
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 29502
Essential Job Functions
1. Manage the activities relative to the assigned functions/department and understand the strategic and functional business requirements of assigned business functional areas. Develop plans to deliver systems and services too meet strategic and business needs. Coordinate the overall planning, execution and development and support activities of assigned areas.
2. Evaluate client requests from a long-term perspective, resolving conflicting user demands and implementing solutions which will benefit the entire company. Function as a business consultant for assigned areas. Establish commitments with clients and delivers on these commitments. Insure all work is performed in accordance with established IT and Business Systems policies, methodologies and procedures.
3. Manage the development of new systems and technology applications that support both day to day operations and strategic direction of the business, utilizing technology to create a competitive advantage. Insure that systems are implemented on time, are technically efficient, conform to standards and meet client expectations
4. Insure the Foster Farms systems development methodology is consistently and effectively applied on all projects. Insure that assigned staff is trained and fully able to utilize the methodology on all projects. Insures that all systems are fully tested prior to their release into production. Maintain, enhance and/or develop corporate systems development and documentation standards, providing coaching to IT Managers and staff on their use.
5. Manage the activities that provide for the day-to-day baseline support of assigned existing systems. Insure production problems are monitored and resolved to achieve high client satisfaction through system reliability/availability. Ensure that problem fixes and system enhancements are consistent with long-term department and application directions and architecture. Balance workload of assigned team between new systems development and maintenance/enhancement.
6. Manage (plan, direct and measure) the work assignments of assigned staff. Insure detailed task plans and resource requirements are documented for all work and insure all work is completed accurately and timely. Establish appropriate control mechanisms to insure all work is completed correctly and on a timely, yet cost effective basis.
7. Develop career plans and provides appropriate development opportunities for the assigned staff. Serve as a role model, mentor and coach for assigned team. Build teamwork and commitment to IT Department goals and values. Perform all facets of personnel management initiating personnel actions to hire, promote or terminate assigned staff members. Recommend organizational structure changes to improve the service level, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned functions.
8. Manage the planning, execution and support of assigned functions. Insure plans are in accordance with overall corporate strategic plans. Evaluate, design and implement cost effective solutions (hardware, software and services), ensuring that solutions are evaluated from a long-term perspective. Insure detailed task plans are consistently developed and utilized for all projects, and develop and implement other project controls as necessary to insure their accurate and timely completion.
9. Evaluate new and emerging technologies within assigned business function(s), recommending new/different solutions to IT Management. Insure plans are understandable and actionable by IT Management. Function as a technology visionary/advocate within the business functions supported, recommending solutions before needs become critical.
10. Communicate effectively and frequently with assigned business Management, IT management, peers, subordinates, clients and other company management. Develop rapport in interpersonal relationships through effective listening and communication skills.
11. Develop and make effective presentations to IT and Sr. Management regarding concerning ongoing project plans and status, strategic technology solution trends and potential technology solutions to business needs in the assigned functions. Consult with IT staff and user organizations regarding the most effective use of tools, products and services of assigned functions.
12. Develop and maintain a leadership role within IT and assigned business functions contributing to IT and corporate goals as a team player. Participate as a member of the Sr. IT Management Team in developing organizational tactics. Present a positive, optimistic and upbeat image even when directing activities or implementing decisions that are not popular with IT or client staffs.
1.Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management/business information systems or related field.
2.5 - 10+ years experience in business systems development, enhancement and maintenance with direct experience in programming, systems design and development. with heavy experience utilizing Systems Development Methodologies
3.5 -10 years experience in managing complex business systems projects – analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and change management.
4.2 – 4+ years managing multiple, complex business systems projects, developing and managing projects with aggressive milestones.
5.2 – 5+ years management/supervisory experience.
6.Demonstrated ability to teach/mentor and educate staff in SAP/ERP or other complex enterprise-wide business software solution as well as other IT systems capabilities and best practices.
7.Must possess excellent critical thinking skills with the capability to envision creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
8.Heavy experience applying Systems Development Methodologies in the development of new business systems
9.Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
10.Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, users, staff and team members, both written and verbal.
11.Common sense skill sets.
2.Five years of IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
3.Ten years of experience in Systems Development.
4.Five years experience managing Business Systems in SAP/ERP environment.
5.Proven track record of developing “in house” talent and creating development programs.
6.Ability to move up within the organization.
1.Must have reliable transportation
2.Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3.Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4.Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5.Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6.Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7.Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8.Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9.Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult personnel issues.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings