Process (Project) Engineer
Location: Delhi, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 30273
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop project scopes based on a clear understanding of the stated process goals and established KPIs through the capital process and project implementation.
2. Deals with projects in the cost range of up to $15 million. Ensure good engineering practices are utilized in all areas supported. Develop preliminary proposals for future management decisions.
3. Assisting staff in evaluating manufacturing process by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
4. Assist staff in developing manufacturing process to improve efficiencies by studying product requirements, analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
5. Researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods to seek reduction in manufacturing costs.
6. Integrating new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes. Implementing process designs, creating prototypes, testing, making necessary modifications where required and commissioning the process.
7. Develop equipment/facilities layouts for ongoing capital projects needs. Provide and or collaborate with designers on detailed equipment designs for capital projects.
8. Develop drawings/designs to meet all building codes, safety, and OSHA standards, as well as adhering to good engineering practices.
9. Provide clear and accurate drawings/designs for bidding, fabrication, and construction purposes. Prepare all drawings using acceptable drafting standards/techniques.
10. Assist in the development of Best Practices Standards in the area of system controls. Prepare specifications for the purchase of manufacturing process equipment and materials.
11. Identify opportunities working with equipment manufacturers, operations, marketing and sourcing. Develop Process Flow Diagrams to collaborate with stakeholders and seek input from other team members.
12. Demonstrate an understanding of peripheral systems and the effect of the capital improvement on supporting systems.
13. Assisting accounting staff in completing capital project IRR using established and revised Key Process Indicators.
1. Must have a BS degree in Manufacturing Process Engineering.
2. Three-five years experience in a Plant engineering or central engineering department.
3. Moderate developed knowledge of UBC, OSHA, APCD, NEC, and USDA requirements.
4. Computer literate including AutoCAD 14, MS Office and MS Project.
5. Sound knowledge of system controls and sensors for manufacturing processes.
6. Moderate knowledge of the construction trades.
7. Sound problem solving skills, sound judgment and decision making abilities.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management and team leads, both written and verbal.
9. Travel will be required.
10. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a changing and demanding work environment.
11. Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings