Programmer Analyst II
Location: Pleasanton, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 30896
Essential Job Functions
1. Complete complex design, programming, configuration and troubleshooting assignments in the BI SYSTEMS area.
2. Develop business requirements and program specifications that will be converted into application software or packaged software configuration that is well documented, maintainable and satisfies defined business needs).
3. Identify, define, document, and resolve assigned system problems.
4. Develop systems documentation.
5. Develop system maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and perform associated maintenance activities.
6. Create, modify, implement, and/or execute unit test plans, which adequately exercise the performance of the assigned software function(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required, Master’s degree preferred
2. Minimum of three-seven years of progressive responsibility in software development, and programming including experience using PL/SQL and/or ABAP and three-seven years of experience in Systems Development
3. Three-seven years of business experience supporting complex data mining and reporting in multiple business areas including finance, supply chain, plant accounting, marketing, and CRM
4. Must demonstrate an understanding of how Master Data functions in BW (i.e. SAP hierarchy) and process implications of making changes to the Master Data.
5. Two-three years experience in SAP BI 7.0 or similar environment, including data Extracts/uploads, process support and and database administration.
6. Must demonstrate an understanding of and experience developing SAP BW objects including DataSources, Extract Structures, Transfer Rules, Update Rules, Communication Structures, Rules, ODS objects, InfoCubes, InfoObjects, and MultiCubes for multiple functional areas.
7. Thorough understanding and use of coding methods and best practices.
8. Understand relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle and understanding of HTML, XML, ETL concepts and other B2B communication techniques and standards
9. Understand how to interview end users for insight on functionality, problems, or usability issues and needs and understanding of software development lifecycle phases and activities, and project management principles.
10. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with members of other IT and business teams, both written and verbal and have thorough understanding of developing and completing test cases and test scenarios.
11. Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and user documentation for projects and enhancements and experience working in a team environment with other IT resources.
12. Experience using the following applications: MS Office suite, MS Project, and NetMeeting.
13. Self motivated and directed, demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and ability to effectively execute tasks in a changing and demanding environment.
14. Strong service orientation skills with a desire to help others and experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
1. Working knowledge of Crystal Reports and Cognos
2. Three-seven years of IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization
3. Consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
4. Ability to move up within the organization
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings