Category Development Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 31159
Essential Job Functions
1. Manage and recommend CPG industry tools to optimize trade and assortment.
2. Own MAPS, Fix the mix, Must Carry, Gold standard shelving, etc.
3. Own scenario planning, PPA, ROI, and assortment recommendations.
4. Work with brand managers to extract key category insights – complete category deep dives.
5. Assist sales with business reviews, category reviews, top-to-tops and orchestrate new item process.
6. Trade optimization – BTZ and optimize/own the TPM reporting process, Manage trade funds.
7. Customer Marketing/Shopper and Marketing/Customer sales calls.
1. BA/BS or higher with business, marketing or customer research background, five plus years CPG sales, trade marketing, and/or category management experience.
2. Proficient in syndicated and panel data/tools and have category and trade marketing experience.
3. Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills (consumptions, business math, panel, shipment data, etc). Proficient with Microsoft office.
4. Two plus years experience creating and presenting sales and marketing presentations (strong presentation skills).
5. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
6. Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to work cross-functionally with all personality types. Strong core selling skills with at least 2 years direct selling experience. Ability to travel 25% of the time.
7. Experience working with CPG (consumer packaged goods) products – food industry.
8. Excel expertise and know AssortMan, RPM, Spaceman or similar programs.
9. Ability to own a budget and balance to zero and understand of path to purchase process.
10. Creative thinker who is intellectually curious and driven by new learning’s and continuous growth.
11. Ability to travel, ability to obtain valid CA Drivers License and obtain reliable transportation for business travel.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings