IT Principal Functional Analyst Supply Chain-M
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 33614
Essential Job Functions
Performs and/or directs the following activities:
• Analysis: Definition of business problems and opportunities, gathering and documentation of requirements, analysis and organization of information to support formation of projects, analysis of technology and infrastructure alternatives and implications.
• System Design: Translation of a conceptual alternative into a descriptive model, specification, data flow diagram or other relevant method that defines the system components which must be delivered, and the method for delivering them. Includes functional design, technical design and design validation.
• System Configuration / Development: Building of actual system solutions and demonstration of these solutions to IT and business customers. Configuration of the SAP, and other applications as well development of applications, reports, and dashboards.
• Baseline Maintenance: Provide ongoing maintenance of applications within assigned areas. Perform and train more junior staff regarding trouble-shooting, programming, testing, user testing, IT change control and implementation of assigned applications.
• Knowledge Transfer: Sharing knowledge and experience with other IT resources in a methodical, thorough, and document-driven manner. Preparing knowledge transfer and training curriculums and materials.
• SAP and Non-SAP Skills: Understand the business functions supported by SAP MM/PP and Non-SAP Supply Chain applications and evaluate how IT changes may impact the operation of these business functions. Areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
o Inventory Management
o Contract Management
o Production Planning
o Demand Planning/Forecasting
o Application Reporting
o Business Warehouse
Planning and Organizing:
Direct the planning, execution and support of the assigned projects, including project initiation, control of projects during execution and project completion/closure. Insure project plans are in accordance with overall business objectives. Prepare and maintain detailed and summary level project plans. Prepare periodic management status reports and lead status reporting meetings. Collect and monitor data portraying the status of deliverables related to key milestones. Identify and acquire the staff with the skills required for successful execution of projects. Enforce the disciplined use of Foster Farms methodology in the planning and management of all assigned projects.
Lead the introduction of systems and process changes resulting from projects in a planned, managed and systematic fashion. Identify the perspectives of constituencies which will be impacted by the project. Challenge the Status Quo in a constructive manner. Assist business management with the communication of a compelling aspiration that will encourage others to embrace the change. Build coalitions that can successfully cause the changes to be implemented so as to achieve the intended benefits. Plan and manage education, training and/or certification processes which will ensure the success of the project as a business initiative.
Prepare economic estimates and business cases to support the evaluation of alternative projects, and alternative approaches for conducting the projects. Collect and monitor data portraying and the efforts associated with projects related to resource budgets. Provide analysis of capital and expense components of projects to support the annual budgeting process. Monitor labor costs, invoices and expenses related to projects and ensure the propriety of all charges.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. Minimum of 6-8+ years of progressive responsibility in software analysis, design, development, configuration and programming including extensive experience using one or more of SAP ABAP, C, C++, Visual Basic (VB), Java, and/or PL/SQL, VB.NET, Java, PL/SQL, Socket Programming, Shell Scripts or Perl.
3. 6-8+ years experience in developing complex IT solutions to improve business processes within area(s) of expertise and other related fields.
4. Capable and experienced in training others regarding areas of expertise.
5. Expertise in interviewing end users for insight on functionality, problems, or usability issues and needs.
6. Extensive experience learning and documenting complex business processes.
7. In-depth understanding of, and experience with, software development methodologies, lifecycle phases and activities, as well as, project management principles.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with members of other IT and business teams, both written and verbal.
9. Thorough understanding of, and experience with, developing and completing test cases and test scenarios.
10. Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and user documentation for projects and enhancements.
11. Demonstrated capability to work to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
12. Must be highly goal and results oriented.
13. Must be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems with minimal supervision.
14. Extensive experience with all software development lifecycle phases and activities.
15. Demonstrated project management experience for mid-sized projects.
16. Must be effective teacher/mentor to educate other team members in areas of expertise.
17. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, users, and team members, both written and verbal.
1. 6-8 years development work in a database environment (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
2. Expertise in Materials Management (MM), Inventory Management, Procurement, Production Planning (PP), and MRP.
3. 6-8 years experience in contemporary SAP ECC environments, including process design and support.
4. Expertise and experience developing complex SAP MM/PP and other Supply Chain Management solutions, with the ability to train others in these area(s).
5. Thorough understanding and use of coding methods and best practices.
1. Master’s Degree.
2. 8+ years of IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
3. Strong SCM 7.x configuration and support experience with APO DP, SNP, and PPDS modules.
4. Experience with Ariba applications.
5. Experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings