Sr Programmer Analyst
Location: Livingston Ca |
Shift: Day |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 35347
Essential Job Functions
The Senior Programmer Analyst role is to define, design, envision, develop, test, analyze, implement, support, and maintain new and existing software applications and packaged software based on business requirements involving the various systems utilized at Foster Farms to support the assigned areas. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, develop, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production software lifecycle. Competencies include hands on experience designing, developing, documenting, and delivering programs in multiple programming languages, developing complex software programs, handling multiple assignments, and mentoring junior team members in application design and programming logic/algorithms. This is an advanced technical position and will be required to provide resolution to complex technical and business related software application and configuration issues. This includes advanced analytical, evaluation, and programming skills including the ability to design, configure and program complex business solutions.
Duties will include maintenance and support of Manufacturing Systems, including troubleshooting and problem resolution. Leverage experience with software development and with SQL database management and querying to make system improvements and create new system applications. Utilize manufacturing process knowledgeable and SAP software capabilities (including associated transactions, configuration, and manufacturing master data) to improve design which leverages Production Planning for Process Industries (PP-PI), Repetitive Manufacturing, Product Costing, and Materials Management areas including Inventory Management and Batch Management. Design, create new, and update existing MII manufacturing applications. Conduct complex application changes. Coordinate changes with other manufacturing systems analysts and developers. Provide comprehensive technical, user, testing, design, master data, and functional documentation. Interact with all levels of manufacturing, operations, accounting, and product management user groups obtaining thorough business process expertise and in providing support to users of manufacturing systems. Participate in nearly all aspects of manufacturing systems implementation projects. Research and stay current with trends in MII and SAP manufacturing systems capabilities. Provide guidance to internal users to promote the use of the MI-AMX manufacturing system and to coordinate and support the manufacturing project efforts.
1. Complete complex requirements analysis, design, configuration, programming and troubleshooting assignments: (Develop technical programs or system specifications that will be converted into application software or configurations that are well documented, maintainable and satisfy defined business needs)
2.Provide support to existing user community regarding all aspects of manufacturing systems.
3. Develop systems technical, training, testing, functional, and design documentation. Develop system maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and perform associated maintenance activities.
4. Create, modify, implement, and/or execute unit and integration test plans, which adequately exercise the performance of the assigned software function(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. At least 7 years total information technology experience. Minimum of 3 years experience related to manufacturing and inventory management systems.
3. Minimum of 7 years of progressive responsibility in software design, development, configuration, and programming including extensive experience using one or more of SAP ABAP, SAP MII, MS SQL, C, C++, C++.Net, Pro*C, Visual Basic (VB), VB.NET, Java, PL/SQL, Socket Programming, Shell Scripts or Perl.
4. Basic knowledge of SAP ECC – particularly the modules / areas most aligned with manufacturing including PP, PP-PI, MM (inventory management), batch management, CO, QM, PM.
5. Demonstrated task tracking and project coordination skills.
6. Demonstrated software development and engineering skills.
7. Must be highly goal and results oriented.
8. Must be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems with minimal supervision.
9. Experience with software/solution development – architecting, designing, developing, testing, implementing and supporting custom and packaged software-based solutions.
10. Experience with all software development lifecycle phases and activities.
11. Experience learning and documenting complex business processes.
12. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and be capable of envisioning creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
13. Must be capable of working to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
14. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, users, and team members, both written and verbal.
15. Experience designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting reports.
1. Master’s Degree
2. IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
3. Broad consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
4. Familiarity with HTML, XML, XSL, and other B2B communication techniques and standards desired
5. Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues.
REMOTE WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have adequate home work environment including work station and environment suitable for participation in tele and video conferences.
2. Must provide appropriate internet connectivity and telephone service.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings