Programmer Analyst I
Location: Livingston CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 35278
Essential Job Functions
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Programmer Analyst 1 role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing software applications and packaged software based on business requirements. The Programmer Analyst 1 will also document, and modify software specifications throughout the production software lifecycle. The Programmer Analyst 1 should possess thorough knowledge of at least 1 major function. Competencies include hands on experience writing programs in at least 1 programming language, developing moderately complex software programs, performing moderately complex packaged software configuration and handling assignments with little direction. The Programmer Analyst 1 provides, with direction, resolution to moderately complex technical software issues. This includes analytical, evaluation, programming and configuration skills including the ability to design, program and configure moderately complex software solutions.
Duties will include maintenance and support of Manufacturing Systems, including troubleshooting and problem resolution. Become skilled at SAP MII development and with SQL database management and querying. Become knowledgeable about SAP capabilities (including associated transactions, configuration, and manufacturing master data) in Production Planning for Process Industries (PP-PI), Repetitive Manufacturing, Product Costing, and Materials Management areas including Inventory Management and Batch Management. Create new and update existing MII manufacturing applications. Conduct thorough application changes. Coordinate changes with other manufacturing systems analysts and developers. Provide comprehensive technical, user, testing, design, master data, and functional documentation. Interact with all levels of manufacturing, operations, accounting, and product management user groups obtaining thorough business process expertise and in providing support to users of manufacturing systems. Participate in nearly all aspects of manufacturing systems implementation projects. Research and stay current with trends in MII and SAP manufacturing systems capabilities. Provide guidance to internal users to promote the use of the MI-AMX manufacturing system and to coordinate and support the manufacturing project efforts.
1. With direction, complete lower complexity programming, configuration and troubleshooting assignments related to manufacturing systems. Develop program specifications that will be converted into application software or packaged software configuration that is well documented, maintainable and satisfies defined business needs)
2. Provide support to existing user community regarding all aspects of manufacturing systems.
3. Develop systems technical, training, testing, functional, and design documentation. Develop system maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and perform associated maintenance activities.
4. Create, modify, implement, and/or execute unit and integration test plans, which adequately exercise the performance of the assigned software function(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. At least 3 years total information technology experience.
3. Experience in software design, development, configuration, and programming including basic experience using one or more of SAP ABAP, SAP MII, MS SQL, C, C++, C++.Net, Pro*C, Visual Basic (VB), VB.NET, Java, PL/SQL, Socket Programming, Shell Scripts or Perl.
4. Must be highly goal and results oriented.
5. Must be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems.
6. Basic experience with software/solution development.
7. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and be capable of identifying creative solutions to process/system issues.
8. Must be capable of working to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and critical thinking ability.
9. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
1. Master’s degree preferred
2. Experienced with developing SAP MII applications and integration to SAP ECC.
3. Experienced with SAP manufacturing capabilities (PP-PI, Repetitive Manufacturing).
4. Experienced with SAP Materials Management concepts associated with inventory management and batch management.
5. Experienced with SAP product costing.
6. 1-3 years of IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization
7. Consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
8. Ability to move up within the organization
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings