Principal Programmer Analyst - SAP-EWM
Location: Livingston CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 35466
Essential Job Functions
The Principle Programmer Analyst role is to define, design, develop, test, analyze, enhance, troubleshoot, and maintain new and existing software applications and packaged software based on business requirements involving the various systems utilized at Foster Farms to support the assigned areas. The Principle Programmer Analyst will also research, design, develop, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production software lifecycle. Competencies include hands on experience designing and developing programs utilizing multiple SAP ECC / SAP EWM ABAP technologies and techniques, handling multiple assignments, translating the business needs expressed by functional analysts into specific technical solution designs, and mentoring junior development team members in application design and programming logic/algorithms. This is an advanced technical position and will be required to provide resolution to complex and sometimes ambiguous technical and business related software application and configuration issues with little to no supervision or guidance. This includes advanced analytical, evaluation, research, debugging, and programming skills including the ability to design, configure, and program complex business solutions.
Performs the following activities:
Definition of business problems and opportunities, gathering and documentation of requirements, analysis and organization of information to support formation of projects and solution alternatives, analysis of technology and infrastructure alternatives and implications. Solution deliverable planning and estimation in particular for the ongoing SAP Extended Warehouse Management implementation and rollout projects. This includes requirement collection, solution design and concept writing as well as performing heavily customizing activities of the SAP EWM system and their interfaces to other SAP systems including complete complex requirements analysis, design, configuration, with occasional programming and troubleshooting assignments
Translation of a conceptual alternative into a descriptive technical model, technical specifications, data flow diagram or other relevant method that defines the system components which must be delivered, and the method for delivering them. Includes functional design, technical design and design validation.
System Configuration / Development:
Building of actual system solutions and demonstration of these solutions to IT and business customers. Configuration of and development within SAP EWM.
Provide ongoing maintenance of applications within assigned areas. Perform and train more junior staff regarding trouble-shooting, programming, testing, user testing, IT change control and implementation of assigned applications.
Sharing knowledge and experience with other IT resources in a methodical, thorough, and document-driven manner. Preparing knowledge transfer and training curriculums and materials.
Planning and Organizing
Insure project plans are in accordance with overall business objectives. Prepare and maintain detailed and summary level project plans. Prepare periodic management status reports and lead status reporting meetings. Collect and monitor data portraying the status of deliverables related to key milestones. Ensure the disciplined use of Foster Farms methodology in the planning and management of all assigned projects.
Provide end user support to the installed base of critical applications at Foster Farms including support for SAP ECC, Warehouse Management, and other systems.
Technology / Change Leadership
Conduct technology research to ensure awareness of technology and SAP application development trends. Assist project teams in selecting appropriate technology and development solution approaches. Guide and influence IT management with regards to technology and development strategies and road maps. Challenge the Status Quo in a constructive manner.
1. Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related field.
3. Must have worked 3 years in SAP-EWM environment
4. 3 – 5 years development work in a database environment (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
5. 3 – 5 years involvement in project management using a standardized systems development methodology
6. Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. Excellent team work ability and ability to take requirements and design concepts from both senior and junior resources and realize actual solutions.
9. Flexibility to deal equally well with scenarios with specific and exact requirements and direction and more ambiguous requirements and designs.
10. Ability to work with a diverse workforce
1. Master’s Degree
2. IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
3. Broad consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
4. Familiarity with HTML, XML, XSL, Java script and other B2B communication techniques and standards desired
5. Familiarity with programming utilizing ALE/IDoc/BAPI/BADI technologies, SAPScript, SMART Forms, Dialogue programs, interfacing to/from SAP ECC, and WebDynPro/ITS.
6. Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues.
REMOTE WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have adequate home work environment including work station and environment suitable for participation in tele and video conferences.
2. Must provide appropriate internet connectivity and telephone service.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings